Leeds boss Bielsa blasts Arsenal legend Wright: You’re not helpingby Paul Vegas2 days agoSend to a friendShare the loveLeeds United boss Marcelo Bielsa insists he will keep selecting the team on his terms.Bielsa insists he won’t be rushed into finding a way to fit Patrick Bamford and Eddie Nketiah into the same team after yet another crucial goal for the Arsenal starlet.Nketiah emerged from the bench to net a late equaliser for Leeds at Preston to leave them second in the Championship.Gunners legend Ian Wright took to Twitter to urge Bielsa to start the England Under-21 international after his third Championship goal of the campaign. “We have never proved this kind of combination in our training,” Bielsa said of the possibility of the strike duo playing in tandem.”In the international break, Nketiah is not with us, because we play twice a week and when we prepare in the week there are few spaces to try these kinds of things.”When you have a series of bad results and you have to find a different solution, that [kind of series] hasn’t happened. I think that all this around Bamford and Nketiah doesn’t help both of them.”It is natural that people argue about my decision because they don’t have all the reasons I have. I want both of them to be a success this year. We have 46 matches or 50 matches.”We are in the first 25 per cent of the competition. I think that we have time so I can find a way that both of them shine. If this doesn’t happen, it is going to be a mistake of mine.” TagsLoan MarketAbout the authorPaul VegasShare the loveHave your say
Gurugram: South Korean tech giant Samsung on Thursday announced an upgrade bonus offer of Rs 6,000 with the purchase of Galaxy Note10 and Galaxy Note10+ smartphones. This new offer comes alongside with existing bank cashback and other operator offers which is valid till September 30. One can avail the upgraded bonus offer in offline market if the purchase is done via HDFC credit/debit card or consumer durable loans. The upgrade Bonus is applicable on 100+ Samsung, Other Android and IOS devices. Also Read – Swiggy now in 500 Indian cities, targets 100 more this year In addition, Jio consumers recharging with Rs 4,999 prepaid plan will get double data for two years means additional benefits of up to Rs 14,997 for prepaid Jio consumers. Prepaid Airtel consumers can get double data for 18 Months, when they recharge with Rs 249 (2GB/day) /299 (2.5GB/Day)/349 (3GB/Day) plans; these plans entitle them to get additional benefits of up to Rs 6,300. Prepaid Vodafone consumers can get double data for 18 Months when they recharge with Rs 255 plan; postpaid consumers can get double data when they opt for Rs 499 plan. Vodafone consumers will therefore get additional benefits of up to Rs 4,600.
The magnitude of the earthquakes ranged between 3.4 and 4.5 on the Richter scale.The Commission says CNRL immediately suspended hydraulic fracturing operations as per the Commission’s Kiskatinaw Seismic Monitoring and Mitigation Area Special Project Order and, the Drilling and Production Regulation.The Commission also states that CNRL’s operations may not continue without thewritten consent of the Commission. The Commission says they are requesting a 30-day halt to fracking in the area close to the source of the earthquake.“Companies operating within that area have confirmed that there will be no hydraulic fracturing activities for the next 30 days within the specified area. This will provide the Commission with sufficient time to conduct a thorough investigation. Companies will need to confirm with the Commission before operations within the specific area resume.”The Commission will continue to monitor the area for further earthquake activity. CORRECTION – An earlier version of the article headline suggested the cause of last weeks earthquake had been determined. This headline was incorrect. The cause is still under investigation. We apologize for this mistake.FORT ST. JOHN, B.C. – The B.C. Oil & Gas Commission has narrowed down the source of the earthquake that occurred southeast of Fort St. John on November 29, 2018.The Commission conducted a study and found that the cause of the earthquake may be linked to hydraulic fracturing operations being conducted by Canadian Natural Resources Ltd. in the Septimus field of the Montney formation, southeast of Fort St. John (see map).
Mumbai: Singer Akriti Kakar says she composed “Jobless” from her personal experience, and was pleasantly surprised when director Tigmanshu Dhulia decided to include the song in “Milan Talkies”. Akriti has sung the song with Sukriti and Prakriti. “I had composed ‘Jobless’ from a personal experience for my then boyfriend and now husband. I wrote the lyrics out of relatability saying ‘I feel jobless when he goes out of town and doesn’t pay attention to me, how I keep looking at my phone all day for it to ring, anticipating a message from him’,” Akriti said in a statement. Also Read – Rihanna to release 500-page ‘visual’ autobiography “But I guess these are the side effects of love and even though we know how it drives us crazy, we still love being in love. The song mysteriously reached Tigmanshu Sir and he contacted me two years ago saying he would like to include it in his film ‘Milan Talkies’ whenever it would be made,” she added. The singer was left speechless. “He told me he will create a situation for the song in his film, and made me realise how fond he was of the song. I am overjoyed since it was going to be my first song for a film composed, written and sung by me. Also Read – Hilarie Burton, Jeffery Dean Morgan tie the knot “For me, it has been such a ‘pinch me’ experience, especially because I had not created this song keeping in mind a film but from personal experience…it’s a really special feeling,” she added. Talking about the song, Dhulia said: “Every love story has to have a breezy love song but I wanted something else instead of a duet. I thought the girl should express what she feels after she has fallen in love.” “Milan Talkies” is a love story set against the backdrop of single-screen theatres. It stars Ali Fazal and Shraddha Srinath, and is slated to release on March 15.
New Delhi: A day after two persons have died and two others injured after they went into a kitchen treatment unit in a restaurant named Pirates of Grill in West Delhi’s Rajouri Garden, Delhi Police arrested two persons in this regard.Deputy Commissioner of Police (West) Monika Bharadwaj told Millennium Post that they have arrested one Pankaj- area manager and Aftab- Unit manager in this regard. “They are the employees of hotel and they were responsible for sending them inside the sewage,”said DCP West. Investigation is on from all angles. Also Read – After eight years, businessman arrested for kidnap & murderOn Saturday, the police received a call at around 1:30 pm that four men who got down in the kitchen treatment unit have fallen unconscious. Soon, the team from the local police station and the fire department reached the spot and tried to rescue the injured persons. In the hospital, two men, identified as Rakesh (45) and Ajay (19), succumbed to their injuries and the other two are still receiving treatment in the hospital. They have been identified as Pankaj and Raju. They all are members of housekeeping staff of the restaurant,” said a senior police officer. Also Read – Two brothers held for snatchingsManual scavenging –a practice — in which workers enter into sewers and septic tanks to clean out excreta – has historically been connected to Dalit communities, making its prevalence another egregious case of caste discrimination. Though, India banned the practice in 1993 and the law was amended to expand its ambit in 2013, manual scavenging continues across the country. In 2018 alone, more than 10 people died in Delhi while cleaning septic tanks. In February 2019, the Delhi government flagged off a fleet of 200 sewer-cleaning machines, with the aim of eradicating manual scavenging in the Capital. “We have registered a case against the accused under relevant sections and the investigation has begun,” said a senior police officer.
CAIRO – Army chief Abdel Fattah al-Sisi, who is likely to become Egypt’s next president, headed to Russia accompanied by Foreign Minister Nabil Fahmy on Wednesday to discuss bilateral cooperation, the army said.Field Marshal Sisi, who is also Egypt’s defence minister and deputy prime minister, and Fahmy would hold “2+2” talks with their Russian counterparts, army spokesman Colonel Ahmed Aly said in a statement.The talks would focus on “bilateral relations and aspects of cooperation between the two countries”, the statement said. Egypt foreign ministry spokesman Badr Abdelatty told AFP the two men had Wednesday left Cairo for a visit to Russia that would last two days.The trip comes “in response to the historic visit of the Russian defence and foreign ministers to Cairo” last November, the army statement said.Russia’s top diplomat Sergei Lavrov and Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu visited Cairo for two days mid-November to discuss weapons sales as well as political and economic ties.That visit came amid tension between Egypt and its longtime ally the United States, which has suspended some of its military aid to Cairo after Sisi toppled Islamist president Mohamed Morsi in July.Egypt had close ties with Russia before then president Anwar Sadat made peace with Israel in 1979, bringing in roughly $1.3 billion in annual US military aid over the subsequent decades.Since Morsi’s ouster, the military-installed government has been waging a deadly crackdown on his supporters that has left more than 1,400 people dead according to Amnesty international and thousands others jailed.Sisi, who is hugely popular after ousting the unpopular Morsi, is expected to stand in upcoming presidential elections, which he is likely to win by a landslide.
The Ohio State men’s ice hockey team ended its double-digit winless streak at Western Michigan with a 3-0 win Nov. 24, 2007. This weekend, OSU will look to repeat the success it had in Kalamazoo, Mich., more than four years ago. The No. 15-ranked Buckeyes (14-10-5, 10-9-5-1 CCHA), winless in their past 10 games, take on No. 18 WMU (14-11-5, 11-8-3-3 CCHA) in a two-game series starting Friday in Kalamazoo, Mich. OSU’s 0-6-4 record in 2012 has them tied for fourth in the conference after leading the CCHA by seven points in early January. “We’re trying to build some momentum,” said OSU assistant coach Steve Rohlik. “We’re looking forward to getting up to (Western Michigan) to play a very good hockey team and see what we got in the tank this weekend.” OSU, which started the year 14-4-1 and ascended to a No. 2 ranking in the country, has only four games remaining in the regular season and is playing its worst hockey of the season during its double-digit winless streak. Rohlik points to a team in another sport as an example of what he hopes will happen with his Buckeyes. “You look at the New York Giants. They were 7-7. What happened to them? Why were they so different? They go on all of a sudden to win the Super Bowl. Everybody wrote them right off,” he said. “Well, we just had a great start, now we’re going through a struggle here, but we’re going to stick with it and stay positive.” A reason OSU has been struggling lately has been its lack of scoring on the power play. The Buckeyes were 0-for-14 with a man advantage in two games against Michigan State last weekend, 6-3 and 3-2 losses, respectively. Improving will be no easy task this weekend, as the Broncos post the CCHA’s second-best penalty-kill unit. Rohlik said the Buckeyes need to keep pushing and eventually, they will have success. “We can’t change the guys we got in the (locker) room. We’re going to continue to work with the guys,” he said. “We do have some good players. We think we’re going to score some goals (on the power play), it’s just a matter of sticking with it right now.” One of the lone bright spots for OSU during the winless streak has been its top front line of freshman forwards – Ryan Dzingel, Tanner Fritz and Max McCormick – which has accounted for seven of the Buckeyes’ last nine goals. Sophomore forward Chris Crane praised the play of the freshman trio. “Dzingel’s line, they’re great players together. They’ve been solid for us in the past couple weekends,” he said. Rohlik said in order for OSU to play well this weekend, other lines have to step up and produce. “For us, we don’t feel that we drop off (after their first line),” he said. “The other lines have to be at least even or chipping in a few (goals).” Success this weekend is vital, Crane said. “It’s playoff hockey right now. We’re battling for home ice, home advantage. With four games left in the season, that’s what we have to stay focused on,” he said. The Buckeyes and Broncos will drop the puck at 7:05 p.m. on Friday in Kalamazoo, Mich., and play again at the same time Saturday.
England wing-back Kieran Trippier has revealed he has watched his free-kick goal against Croatia in the semifinals of the World Cup more than a 100 times.The Tottenham Hotspur defender became the third English player after Sir Bobby Charlton and Gary Lineker to score a goal in the semifinals of a World Cup after his direct free kick beat Daniel Subasic in the Croatia goal in Russia.Trippier was a standout performer during England’s memorable summer exploits, capping a handful of bright performances with consistently excellent set-piece delivery.“I’m not going to lie to you, I’ve watched it back about 100 times,” said the 27-year-old as quoted by Daily Mail, on his return to training at St George’s Park.“Obviously I enjoyed that moment. Even now it still hurts that we got beat but I have watched it back a lot. I’ve looked back at a couple of the games, not just the Croatia one. Obviously it was frustrating to get knocked out in the semi-final but we’re proud of ourselves as a team and how far we came in the World Cup.”Crouch: Liverpool could beat Man United to Jadon Sancho Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Peter Crouch wouldn’t be surprised to see Jadon Sancho end up at Liverpool one day instead of his long-term pursuers Manchester United.Trippier’s dead-ball skills flew under the radar for a long time at Spurs, where Eriksen has built a well-earned reputation as one of the best in the business.The Dane was quick to acknowledge’s his colleague’s skills when they linked back up at Enfield and even deferred to Trippier when a chance arose against Fulham last month. Just as he had in Moscow, the former Burnley man finished with style.“To be fair to Christian we had a bit of banter about free-kicks and stuff as soon as we walked in (for pre-season training),” he said.“In the last few games we’ve been sharing them out a little bit because of the opposition and which delivery can hurt them the most. It’s all about the confidence at the time. Everyone knows how good Christian is at set plays and delivering a ball but against Fulham I just felt confident, first game back, and I said to him ‘do you mind if I take this one?”“He said ‘no problem’ – and I managed to score it.”
In a lengthy interview with La Gazzetta Dello Sport, Kevin Prince Boateng reflects on his return to Serie A, his past and his future.Kevin Prince Boateng signed for Sassuolo this summer from Bundesliga club Eintracht Frankfurt. He sat down with Italian newspaper La Gazzetta Dello Sport to give an insight into his career so far. Calcio Mercato reports.“With the experience, you understand what your body needs exactly At 31 I feel great and I can help the team there too, even if this means running more. The family is important. But I’m calm with myself, I do not put as much pressure as before. When I lose I get angry again, but today, unlike the past, when I was not talking to anyone for three days, I can understand the how and why of the defeat.” said Boateng.“I love music since I was little. It helps me a lot in difficult times. For years I wanted to make a record and this summer I had some ‘time … The video points a lot on this thing of the king, but for me, it was important to tell how and where I grew up, the sacrifices made that now make me feel the king, the king!Karsdorp reveals he had too much stress at Roma Manuel R. Medina – September 14, 2019 The Dutch defender has been with the Gialorrossi since 2017, but he has not enjoyed his time in the Italian Lega Serie A.“There is only one [CR7] …I know I was so wrong when I was young because I was not serious and I did not have the right people around, unlike today. Anyway, yes, even now, looking back, I feel I could have reached a lot higher, despite my good career.“The Sassuolo project goes far beyond salvation, given the first three games, that’s our target, we aim high, where no one can see us … Juventus is already special, if you play first place it’s the best: to score points you have to be perfect and hope that they are not, but we are a team of young people who have the chance to face the strongest players in the world in one of the most important stadiums in Europe: what more do you want?”