Full Cast Set for Bullets Over Broadway Tour

first_img View Comments Calling all playwrights, mobsters, movie stars and hot dogs! The cast is now set for the national tour of Bullets Over Broadway, based on Woody Allen and Douglas McGrath’s 1994 film of the same name. Michael Williams will take on the role of David Shayne, leading an ensemble cast that includes Emma Stratton as Helen Sinclair and Jeffrey Brooks as Cheech.The production, directed by Jeff Whiting, who worked on the original Broadway mounting, will kick off in Cleveland on October 6, 2015. The tour will make several stops across the U.S. including Seattle and Houston.Also in the lineup for the production is Bradley Allan Zarr as Warner Purcell, Michael Corvino as Nick Valenti, Hannah Deflumeri as Ellen, Rick Grossman as Julian Marx, Jemma Jane as Olive Neal and Rachel Bahler as Eden Brent.Rounding out the cast are Blaire Baker, Mary Callahan, Jake Corcoran, Elizabeth Dugas, Carissa Fiorillo, Patrick Graver, Andrew Hendrick, Lainee Hunter, Justin Jutras, Brian Thomas Martin, Conor McGiffin, Andrew Metzgar, Corinne Munsch, Kaylee Olson, Joey Ortolani, Kelly Peterson, Lexie Plath and Ian Saunders.Bullets Over Broadway tells the story of an aspiring playwright in 1920s New York who is forced to cast a mobster’s talentless girlfriend in his new show in order to have it produced on the Great White Way. The tuner features existing hits from the 1920s, including “Let’s Misbehave,” “Tain’t Nobody’s Biz-ness If I Do” and “There’s a New Day Comin’!”The original production, directed by five-time Tony winner Susan Stroman, premiered on the Great White Way in 2014 at the St. James Theatre. The production received six Tony-Award nominations, including Best Book of a Musical and Best Choreography.last_img read more

Browns coach Freddie Kitchens says Ravens got away with cheap shot ‘because it’s Odell’

first_img Browns QB Baker Mayfield responds to Rex Ryan’s ‘overrated as hell’ remark Jarvis Landry injury update: Browns receiver (concussion) ruled out vs. Ravens It appeared that Humphrey choked Beckham after he had already been ruled down. What’s more? It happened directly in front of an official. Here’s what it looked like. pic.twitter.com/8w4xdS4u9F— Tom Withers (@twithersAP) September 29, 2019Kitchens said it is part of a pattern of cheap shots against the three-time Pro Bowl player.  Related News “I saw what you saw,” Browns coach Freddie Kitchens said after the game, according to ESPN. “He was getting choked on the ground. They get away with that because it’s Odell. I’m going to be one the phone with (NFL vice president of officiating) Al (Riveron) when I get on the bus.”Beckham, who finished the game with just two passes for 20 yards on seven targets, was often double, and even triple, covered.He had a … different response.“I’m just upset I lost my earring,” Beckham said after the game, according to the NFL Network.Humphrey ultimately apologized to Beckham. Browns coach Freddie Kitchens not giving up play-calling Freddie Kitchens was upset with a seemingly obvious disqualifying foul was never called against the Ravens.During the Browns eventual 40-25 win in Baltimore, there was an altercation between receiver Odell Beckham and Ravens defensive back Marlon Humphrey. “I ran into him after the game and apologized,” Humphrey told reporters. “It’s not really the brand of football I want to represent. The whistle blowed. It has to be over with.”Marlon Humphrey on incident with Odell Beckham Jr.: “I ran into him after the game and apologized. It’s not really the brand of football I want to represent. The whistle blowed. It has to be over with.”— Jamison Hensley (@jamisonhensley) September 29, 2019Referee Shawn Hochuli clarified the league’s stance after both players were penalized — Beckham for throwing a punch — but neither were ejected.“We didn’t see anything on the field that rose to the level of a disqualifying foul,” Hochuli said in a pool report, via the Baltimore Sun.last_img read more

Former legislative candidate 19 pleads guilty in crime ring case

first_imgA teenage former candidate for the state Legislature who ran on a platform of conservative values pleaded guilty Thursday to charges related to his role in an organized crime ring.Anthony Bittner, who ran in the August 2010 primary election for now-Congresswoman Jamie Herrera Beutler’s open 18th District House seat, admitted to attempted residential burglary and second-degree possession of stolen property.Bittner, 19, will be sentenced Sept. 29. Senior Deputy Prosecutor Alan Harvey said the crimes carry a standard sentencing range of between four-and-a-half months and nine months in jail.Bittner is among at least three teenagers whom prosecutors say were enlisted by a Young Life leader, Jorgan Cattin, to commit property crimes throughout Clark County last September. Cattin is charged with leading organized crime, a class A felony. He goes on trial Sept. 12.Bittner initially was charged with six crimes, including manufacture of a controlled substance (marijuana) and trafficking stolen property. As part of Bittner’s plea bargain, the 2010 Skyview High School graduate agreed to cooperate with prosecutors in their case against Cattin. Through attorneys Steven Myers and Tom Phelan, Bittner admitted his role Thursday to Clark County Superior Court Judge Barbara Johnson. He said he and others conspired to burglarize a home in Battle Ground on Sept. 14 and that he took part “by driving to and waiting outside” the house.last_img read more