SOUTH BEND, IN – NOVEMBER 14: Head coach Brian Kelly of the Notre Dame Fighting Irish on the sidelines during the third quarter at Notre Dame Stadium on November 14, 2015 in South Bend, Indiana. The Notre Dame Fighting Irish won 28-7. (Photo by Jon Durr/Getty Images)The biggest game of college football’s Week 12 slate, somewhat surprising, is taking place at Yankee Stadium in The Bronx. Notre Dame and Syracuse are set to kick off in a top 15 matchup in New York City.Notre Dame is undefeated and one of the favorites for the College Football Playoff. The Fighting Irish probably need to remain undefeated in order to make it in, with the Orange posing the toughest test remaining for Brian Kelly’s squad.Syracuse has been one of the biggest surprises of the 2018 college football season, winning several games in impressive fashion in recent weeks.Does Syracuse have any chance of pulling off an upset against Notre Dame today?ESPN has made its prediction.ESPN’s Football Power Index is giving No. 3 Notre Dame a 74.8 percent chance to win today’s game, while No. 12 Syracuse has a 25.2 percent chance of pulling off the upset.Notre Dame and Syracuse are set to kick off 2:30 p.m. E.T.The game will be on NBC.
Subscribe to the iGaming newsletter Email Address Banach Technology plans to expand its product portfolio into US major league sports Regions: UK & Ireland Topics: Finance Sports betting Dublin-based start-up Banach Technology plans to expand its portfolio into the four traditional US major league sports by the end of 2018 after securing €2.2m (£1.9m/$2.6m) in a seed-funding round that included investments from Paddy Power co-founders David Power and Stewart Kenny.Banach’s technology, which allows punters to build a personalised bet consisting of correlated same-game principles, is currently specific to football.However, Banach chief executive Mark Hughes said the company will strengthen the in-house team of mathematicians and software engineers with several new hires to enable new product launches for American football, baseball, basketball and ice hockey, as well as tennis, in the coming months.“We have a football product at the moment and we want to build that out for other sports and also start growing into risk management,” Hughes, who spent six years at Paddy Power before leaving in 2014, told iGamingBusiness.com.According to The Times newspaper, Power and Kenny have invested €200,000 and €100,000, respectively. Other investors in the funding round included former Paddy Power chief executive Patrick Kennedy and the company’s ex-chief financial officer Cormac McCarthy, as well as Cormac Barry, who headed up the Australian division of Paddy Power until earlier this year.The funding round, which according to the company was over-subscribed, will support Banach’s business plan over the next 18 months to two years, when a further funding round is likely to take place, Hughes said.However, he admitted that “plans could change” if the US market “explodes” in the meantime – particularly given the company’s efforts to increase its exposure in relation to followers of the NFL, MLB, NBA and NHL major leagues. “It will really depend on the opportunities at the time,” he said.Hughes (pictured) also added that the track records of the start-up’s investors will help to boost Banach’s reputation in the market.Founded in 2015, the company has worked with a number of the industry’s top companies, including GVC Holdings, which completed its acquisition of Ladbrokes Coral in March. Banach is currently working with Ladbrokes Coral on in-game technology during the ongoing Fifa World Cup.“There are big names among our investors and that gives us credibility,” Hughes said.“We think we’re unique in the sense that some of the work we’ve done together as a team in the past has allowed us to build platforms very quickly. We’re trying to get in the right people to build on that.” Banach to focus on major league sports after funding round 3rd July 2018 | By contenteditor AddThis Sharing ButtonsShare to LinkedInLinkedInShare to FacebookFacebookShare to TwitterTwitter Finance