LOG INDon’t have an account? Register here Forgot Password ? The Indonesian government has conveyed its concerns over the recent deadly riots in New Delhi, as anger mounts in the predominantly Muslim country over what local Islamic groups say is anti-Muslim violence in India. The Foreign Ministry said on Friday that it had called the Indian Ambassador in Jakarta to discuss the riots that have claimed dozens of lives. “The government of Indonesia has complete confidence that the government of India will be able to manage the situation and ensure the harmonious relations among its religious communities. Moreover, both countries share similar characteristics, as pluralistic countries that uphold democratic values and tolerance,” the ministry said. The statement came hours after the Religious Affairs Ministry uncharacteristically issued a statement condemning the sectarian “violence against Musl… Facebook Topics : Log in with your social account Linkedin Google India rioting citizenship-law Foreign-Ministry Indonesia
“Bank Indonesia considers this enough to support external sector resilience and maintain macroeconomic and financial system stability,” the central bank wrote in a statement.“Going forward, we see the reserves as adequate, supported by a stable and solid domestic economic outlook.”However, risks loom as the country is expected to face heavy foreign outflows in the future, said Bank Mandiri economist Andry Asmoro.Foreign investors sold a net Rp 30.8 trillion (US$2.17 billion) of Indonesian assets through February until Feb. 27, Rp 26.2 trillion of which was in government bonds and Rp 4.1 trillion in stocks. “Risks are coming from weaker global growth,” Andry said. “Stagnated commodity prices and escalating fears over the COVID-19 outbreak will disrupt Indonesia’s exports and tourism and cause higher uncertainty and volatility in the financial market.”The pneumonia-like illness, which was first reported in Wuhan, China, at the end of December 2019, has infected around 95,000 people worldwide and killed more than 3,200, disrupting businesses, factories, schools and office activities around the globe as governments try to contain the virus.President Joko “Jokowi” Widodo announced on Monday the first two confirmed COVID-19 cases in Indonesia, prompting concerted efforts by the government and financial authorities to cushion the country’s economy from a possible hit.However, Andry expressed his optimism that the United States Federal Reserve’s dovish monetary stance coupled with Indonesia’s benign inflation rate in 2020 would make returns of Indonesia’s financial assets remain relatively attractive, encouraging foreign investors to pour their money into the country’s financial system.“We estimate the CAD [current account deficit] in 2020 to widen to 2.88 percent of GDP versus 2.72 percent of GDP in 2019 and the rupiah exchange rate to depreciate to 14,296 per US dollar versus1 3,866 in 2019,” he said.The Fed delivered an emergency half-percentage point interest rate cut to a range of 1 percent and 1.25 percent on Tuesday in a bid to protect the US economy from the spreading coronavirus. BI also cut its benchmark interest rate, the seven-day reverse repo rate, by 25 basis points (bps) to 4.75 percent last month to mitigate the potential risks from a COVID-19 spread on the country’s economic growth.BI Governor Perry Warjiyo said on Wednesday that the central bank saw ample room for monetary and macroprudential easing amid risks posed by the outbreak.He cited room for a lower reserve requirement ratio for both the greenback and rupiah for local banks. He also mentioned the policy rate as a possible easing measure to jack up growth, which he expected to slow down to 4.9 percent in the first quarter, compared with a three-year low of 4.97 percent in the 2019’s fourth quarter.“Going forward, the direction of BI’s monetary stance will continue to be accommodative,” Perry stressed. Topics : Indonesia’s foreign exchange (forex) reserves fell to US$130.4 billion in February after the government paid its foreign debts, Bank Indonesia (BI) announced Friday.Foreign reserves stood at $131.7 billion in January, which was the second-highest level in Indonesia’s history after the $131.9 billion booked in January 2018.February’s figure is enough to support 7.4 months of imports and payments of the government’s short-term debts and is above the international adequacy standards of about three months of imports.
Japan’s Nikko Asset Management has hired William Low, former director of global equities at Scottish Widows Investment Partnership (SWIP), to head up a new global equities team.Low, who left SWIP in April following its acquisition by Aberdeen Asset Management, will be joined by six of his former colleagues, following the launch of an Edinburgh office for the $158bn (€114.8bn) Nikko AM.Stressing his team’s active approach to stock selection, Low said the group was the “antithesis of index-huggers”.He questioned the “blind faith” many investors placed in index providers to allocate capital for them, citing Morgan Stanley, Standard & Poor’s and FTSE, but argued that his team would “do a much better job of picking companies around the world”. Low joined SWIP in 2011 from BlackRock, first working as head of global equities and from 2012 onwards as director of global equities.He spent 15 years at BlackRock and has also worked at Dunedin Fund Managers.Alongside Low, Greig Bryson, Stephen Corr, Iain Fulton, James Kinghorn and Johnny Russell join Nikko AM – each with the title of investment director, with expertise on a specific sector.Yu-Ming Wang, deputy president and global head of investment, noted that many of the team had been working together since Low’s time at BlackRock.He said Nikko was active “in pursuit of high-alpha strategies, and with efficient passive offerings on our product”.“We will leave the middle to someone else because that middle can be easily replaced with cheap smart-beta options,” he added. Low’s team will be receiving funding immediately, taking over the management of some of Nikko’s existing global equity mandates.
By Rick StaleyATCHISON, Kan. – Fireworks follow the final checkers Friday night, July 1 at Atchison County Raceway.Intermission sees an adult scavenger hunt on the infield for cash and prizes. If paid grandstand attendance is 500 or more, the track will draw a ticket number and award $750 to one very lucky fan.Xtreme Motor Sports IMCA Modifieds and IMCA Sunoco Stock Cars headline the IMCA Speedway Motors Weekly program. Pit gates open at 5 p.m., hot laps are at 7:30 p.m. and racing starts at 8 p.m.Admission for fans 13 and older is $12, for kids ages 6-12 $6 and free for five and under. Pit passes are $30 or $15 for ages 5-12; all minors must have a release waiver signed by both parents.
It was a wonderful performance. Magic.” Rodgers also praised the quality of Sturridge’s goal despite him being shunted out of the limelight by Suarez. “You used to see goals like Daniel Sturridge’s here years ago, top players like Kenny (Dalglish) but that type of goal was incredible,” he added. The Reds boss could also not resist a joke at the expense of Sir Alex Ferguson after his criticism of Gerrard’s quality and Jordan Henderson’s physical attributes in his autobiography. “Steven is a top, top, top, top, top player,” he stressed, over-emphasising Ferguson’s comments. “Jordan was outstanding, athletically he was very good and he is getting better all the time tactically.” West Brom boss Steve Clarke had seen enough of Suarez’s quality as a first-team coach under Dalglish at Anfield to know the threat he posed but admitted they failed to deal with it. “It was difficult three times,” he said. “We gave ourselves a mountain to climb as we started too slowly and by the time we got into the game we were 2-0 down. “The first goal came from nothing, defensively it was disappointing, but the second is an unbelievable finish from the edge of the box and the fourth goal was also sublime – that finish put the icing on the cake. “Some days you have to take your hat off to the opposition and say they were better and their front two caused us problems.” He departed Anfield with the match ball, his fourth in a Reds shirt, and Rodgers felt the performance helped put a lid on all the shenanigans of pre-season. “It was a difficult summer for him but it was for everyone and we managed as a club and he has managed himself well and he has come out the other side performing as he always done,” said the manager. “I knew once I had got the commitment from him in the summer he has been great. “He is a tireless worker and I knew if he stayed it was going to be the case of working in training as he’s always done. “I thought the front two were brilliant. Suarez’s first goal was exceptional, we really exploited the space in front of their centre-halves and he showed wonderful invention and creativity to nutmeg (Jonas) Olsson before taking his shot early. “The second was a good team goal, I thought we moved it well, the cross came in early and he’s guided the header in fantastically well. “His third goal is from a great ball from Steven (Gerrard) and he could’ve had more after hitting the crossbar. “It was his first hat-trick here at Anfield, I think you have seen his commitment to the team and what we are trying to do. Press Association Liverpool manager Brendan Rodgers hailed a “magic” performance from Luis Suarez after his first Anfield hat-trick demolished West Brom. The Uruguay international scored twice before half-time in the 4-1 win, added another 10 minutes after the break and after James Morrison had converted a contested penalty Daniel Sturridge applied the coup de grace with a delightful inch-perfect chip. Suarez departed just before the end to a standing ovation – less than three months after accusing the club of reneging on a deal to allow him to join a Champions League side following Arsenal’s £40,000,001 bid – and gladly reciprocated.
THE Prime Minister’s T20 Cup has been confirmed for November 1-3, and will consist of three categories namely Over-45, Over-50 and Open with matches to be played at venues in Georgetown. The Over-50 tournament will be played for the first time. Chronicle Sport was reliably informed that, while no entrance fee is required, teams will be asked to make a deposit of $60 000 as collateral for their participation in the tournament and this will be refunded after the preliminary round matches on the second day of the competition.Teams are urged to secure their spots as early as possible since only the first eight teams registered in each of the categories will be accepted.Teams will be required to submit an ID photo of their list of 15 players which will be used for a database of the players.Following the semifinals on November 2, the finals will be held on November 3 at Everest CC, commencing with the over-50 category from 10:00hrs. This will be followed by the Over-45 final from 13:30hrs while the Open final will be played under lights from 18:00hrs.Regal Masters and Speedboat are the defending champions in the Over-45 and Open categories respectively.Registration forms can be uplifted at Regal Stationery and Computer Centre, 69 Seaforth Street, Campbellville, and teams can contact the GSCL Inc. on 225-4802 or 226-4205.
Watkins was a key player for The Bees last season, scoring 26 goals as they missed out on promotion against Fulham in the Championship play-off final.Villa manager Dean Smith has been determined to improve his striking options after his side only secured Premier League safety on the final day of last season.Watkins will be reunited with Smith, who signed the forward when he was Brentford manager, paying an undisclosed fee to Exeter City in July 2017.Smith’s side scored 41 top-flight goals last season, but only six came from forwards – including five from Brazilian striker Wesley.Share this:FacebookRedditTwitterPrintPinterestEmailWhatsAppSkypeLinkedInTumblrPocketTelegram Aston Villa are closing in on a club-record deal for Brentford striker Ollie Watkins after agreeing a fee of £28m which could rise to £33m with add-ons.Villa moved swiftly for the 24-year-old forward after failing in a bid to sign Callum Wilson from Bournemouth.The England striker preferred to make a £20m move to NewcastleUnited.
Published on September 23, 2015 at 11:40 am Contact Matt: firstname.lastname@example.org | @matt_schneidman Facebook Twitter Google+ On Tuesday night, Syracuse offensive coordinator Tim Lester said Zack Mahoney was “the guy” at quarterback for the Orange. On Saturday, the sophomore walk-on will likely be under center against No. 8 LSU (2-0, 2-0 Southeastern).Tigers head coach Les Miles discussed facing the once-fifth-stringer on Wednesday’s SEC coaches’ teleconference, expressing that his preparation won’t be any different facing a signal-caller making his first career Division-I start.“We expect him to be able to operate their offense as well as any and we’ll prepare for the best,” Miles said.Mahoney, who completed all four of his passes for 19 yards against Central Michigan, also ran for 12 yards and pitched the game-winning touchdown to freshman running back Jordan Fredericks in overtime.The LSU defense will be a different animal, but on Tuesday Mahoney said there are no nerves, just excitement.AdvertisementThis is placeholder text“So many times the cream rises to the top and the opportunity for a guy to step on the field and do what he did last week gives people a lot of confidence,” Miles said. “We would guess that he can operate the Syracuse offense, that all the best stuff Syracuse has done will still be there.” Comments
Published on May 15, 2016 at 8:38 pm Contact Tomer: email@example.com | @tomer_langer Syracuse attack Kayla Treanor was named as one of the five Tewaaraton Award finalists on Sunday — an award given to best player in college lacrosse. It’s the third straight year that the Treanor has been named a finalist. She has never won the award.Maryland’s Taylor Cummings has won the award each of the last two seasons. Cummings and Treanor are joined by Notre Dame’s Barbara Sullivan, the Terrapins’ Alice Mercer and Florida’s Nicole Graziano.Treanor finished the regular season tied for 11th in points with 84 (46 goals and 38 assists). She broke the record for the most career goals in Syracuse history, with 256 and counting.This season, Treanor became the lead draw control specialist for SU this season. In her first game, she broke the single-game draw control record for a Syracuse player with 19. Her 189 draw controls in the regular season led the country and set a school record.Treanor’s work this season earned her the Atlantic Coast Conference Offensive Player of the Year Award for the third straight season. She’s the first player to ever win three straight years.AdvertisementThis is placeholder textNo. 4 seed Syracuse (18-5, 5-2 Atlantic Coast) used a four-goal second half run to comeback and avoid the upset against Stony Brook (17-4, 6-0 America East), winning 7-6 in the second round of the NCAA tournament on Sunday afternoon. The Orange will host fifth-seeded Southern California on May 21 at 3 p.m. Related Stories Tewaaraton award 2015: Kevin Rice, Kayla Treanor fall short of prestigious title Comments Facebook Twitter Google+
Senior linebacker Porter Gustin will miss the remainder of the 2018 season with a fractured right ankle sustained in the fourth quarter of USC’s win over Colorado on Saturday night, ending his collegiate career. After the game, Gustin stood at midfield with his right shoe off and his foot appearing red and swollen. He was carted off of the field and hopped on one foot into the locker room.Gustin has been dealing with injuries since summer practices, when he suffered from a torn meniscus. Despite his knee injury, Gustin did not miss playing time. Following the Arizona game, he showed signs of an apparent ankle injury. During the bye week, Gustin sat out of practice to recover, but he did participate in limited capacity during the week leading up to the Colorado game.Gustin is one of four captains of the Trojans this season. His departure will further hinder the defense from a leadership and talent standpoint after fellow captain senior linebacker Cam Smith was kept out of the Colorado matchup due to a hamstring injury.Gustin tallied 28 tackles this season, but has been most notable for his rush. In 2018, he touted seven sacks, tied for sixth in the nation. The rest of the USC defense has combined for a total of six sacks so far.The loss of Gustin will undoubtedly hinder USC in its upcoming matchup against Utah on Saturday. Utes’ junior running back Zack Moss boasts 617 rushing yards, the sixth most in the Pac-12. The matchup has serious Pac-12 championship implications as the winner will take over the lead in the South Division.